Thursday, December 9, 2010

WORDPRESS



WORDPRESS is awsome!

I would love to have my blog there, but it's too much of work & too much of time to get it done, time I don't have. Sigh.. Maybe one day after I'm old and retired.

Anyway, today I felt the feeling of utter defeat. I always thought of myself to be an unpolished but talented writer, at least among by peers. Sadly, I was terribly wrong. Me thinking that I may have talent, is a disgrace to writers everywhere.

I agree that education, childhood, interest etc plays an essential role in whether you turn out to be a great writer or otherwise. But I think the gift of writing is just what it is. A gift. It's either you have received it, or you haven't. And that's determined when you write your first sentence.

A talented writer writes with passion, precision and creativity. He's an artist, word are his paint, blank pages are his canvas. Some may understand the depth of his art, some just perceive it as just another page. I myself don't comprehend the art of Literature, English or Malay. I wish I could. But.. I know enough to respect those who know this art.

Defeated I was today. By a mere girl at first glance. But with a pen and paper, she can slaughter you with her words. I felt ashamed at first. But then I realized. So what if I'm not gifted. The art of writing is for everyone, and the ability to write is a gift itself.

You need not bombastic words, perfect control of grammar, witty remarks or vast knowledge of arts and science. All you need is the pleasure of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment